Governors are volunteers who work in partnership with the school to ensure that children receive the best education possible.
We value governor involvement in the life and work of Sandown School and would encourage you to think about becoming a member of the Sandown School governing body when an appropriate opportunity arises. Parent Governor vacancies are notified by a letter to parents and guardians and mentioned in the school newsletter. Anyone can become a school Governor based on how their skills would fit with the current needs of the governing body.
Being a Governor is a rewarding experience. We are a group of hard working people who give freely of their time and energy, committing their skills to the service of Sandown School.
2021.2022 Sandown School Local Governing Body
- Rebecca Barnard – Staff Governor: 10-10-18 to 09-10-22
- Sandie Butcher – Chair of Governors & Co-Opted Governor: 05-12-18 to 05-12-22.
- Kelly Corroyer -Parent Governor: 02.03.20 to 01.03.24
- Michelle Farrett - Co-opted Governor: 06.12.21 to 05.12.25
- Kate Luxford – Head Teacher: April 2012 continuous
- Luke Mussett – Parent Governor: 07.09.21 to 06.09.25
- Susan Rowe – Co-opted Governor: 19-09-18 to 18-09-22 & Joint Vice Chair
- Phil Sutcliffe - Co-opted Governor: 13.09.21 to 12.09.25 & Joint Vice Chair
- Nick Tompkins - Co-opted Governor: 25.09.19 to 24.09.23
- Barbara Thompson - Co-opted Governor: 31.01.22 & 30.01.26
- o All Parent Governors are nominated and elected by parents
- o Co-Opted Governors are appointed by the LGB
- Sandie Butcher - Governor at Worth Primary School
- Philip Sutcliffe – related by marriage to member of staff
- Luke Mussett & Kelly Corroyer - both members of staff at Dover Christchurch College
A= Apologies accepted by FGB
- = N/A
Sandown's Governing Body follows the 'circle' structure with individual committees.