Friends of Sandown School
Please come along and meet other parents/relatives/carers and discuss fund raising ideas for the school. Everyone's family situation varies and we know that not everyone can commit significant amounts of time to help out with every activity. Therefore, we're taking a less formal approach than the previous PTFA, which will hopefully allow people to commit as little or as much as possible.
We'd love to hear your ideas and look forward to meeting you soon!
At the moment, we are:
- 'Recycle with Michael' - we use this, via the Salvation Army, to recycle unwanted clothing and household items. Please keep your items and every now and again we will send out details etc.
- We use your donated printer cartridges to recycle too. Please place them in the box under the archway. We've already used £26.25 and this is ongoing.
- 'Easyfundraising' - use this link to register and then each time you shop online with a participating retailer, they will donate a % to the school. £190.66 raised so far. https://easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/sandownschool.
For Term 1, our catch-ups are:
- Coffee mornings on Fridays - 13th September and 11th October, just after drop-off
- Evening drinks on Tuesdays - 17th September and 15th October. Meet us at The Bar, High Street @ 7pm.
Our events for this term are:
- Uniform sale - Thursday, 19th September at pick-up
- Dress Down Day - Friday, 11th October (a donation per child is made, usually of £1)
- Cake & Hotdog sale - Thursday, 17th October at pick-up
If you would like to help with events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.